Xtream UI, formerly known as Xtream Codes, is a powerful and popular IPTV management platform that allows you to set up and manage your own IPTV server. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of installing Xtream UI on Ubuntu 18.04. By following these step-by-step instructions, you’ll have your very own Xtream UI admin panel up and running.
Note: Before you begin, make sure you have a clean installation of Ubuntu 18.04 and have root access or a user with sudo privileges.
Step 1: Update and Upgrade
- Open a terminal window on your Ubuntu 18.04 server.
- Update the package list to ensure you have the latest information about available packages:sqlCopy code
sudo apt update
- Upgrade the installed packages to their latest versions:Copy code
sudo apt upgrade
Step 2: Install Required Dependencies
Install the necessary dependencies for Xtream UI using the following command:
sudo apt install libxslt1-dev libcurl3 libgeoip-dev python -y
Step 3: Download and Install Xtream UI
Change to the
Download the Xtream UI installation script:
Run the installation script using Python:
sudo python install.py
The installation process will begin, and you will be prompted to provide some information during the setup. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
Step 4: Accessing Xtream UI Admin Panel
- Once the installation is complete, open your web browser.
- Enter the IP address or domain name of your Ubuntu 18.04 server followed by
/adminin the address bar. For example:
- You will be directed to the Xtream UI login page. Enter the default username and password:
- After logging in, you will be prompted to change the default password. Follow the instructions to set a new secure password.
Step 5: Initial Configuration
- Upon logging in for the first time, you will be prompted to configure some basic settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your time zone, language preferences, and other options.
Step 6: Adding Streams and Channels
To add streams and channels to your Xtream UI server, navigate to the admin panel and look for the appropriate options to add media sources. This might involve uploading playlists, EPG data, and other related settings.
Step 7: User Management
Xtream UI allows you to create and manage users. From the admin panel, navigate to the user management section. You can add, edit, and delete users, assign packages, and manage permissions.
Step 8: Additional Configuration (Optional)
Xtream UI provides various advanced settings and options to customize your IPTV server. Explore the admin panel thoroughly to configure transcoding settings, security options, and other features according to your needs.
Step 9: Troubleshooting and Support
If you encounter any issues during installation or operation, consult the official Xtream UI documentation and community forums for assistance. The Xtream UI community is active and can provide valuable insights and solutions.
You have successfully installed Xtream UI on your Ubuntu 18.04 server. You now have a powerful IPTV management platform at your fingertips, allowing you to create, manage, and deliver media content seamlessly. Make sure to explore the various features and options available through the Xtream UI admin panel to customize your IPTV server according to your preferences.
Expert in Information Technology In addition to general monitoring and notification system administration, I am actively engaged in providing information security, monitoring, and TCP/IP. I spend the most of my time configuring and routing computer networks. Reading and going to comedy concerts are two of my favorite pastimes.